相信看过《阿甘正传》这部电影的人,对里面的阿甘正传经典台词都耳熟能详。偶然在网上看到网友的英文版翻译,让我回想起电影里既搞笑又温馨画面喜欢这部电影的人都来围观一下吧
1. Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.
(生命就像一盒巧克力,结果往往出人意料)
2. There is an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes.
(通过人家的鞋可以了解别人很多的东西)
3. His back’s as crooked as a politician.
(他的背跟政客一样弯曲)
4. Sometimes we all do things that just don’t make no sense.
(有时候人都会做没道理的事)
5. Stupid is as stupid does. (蠢人做蠢事,也可理解为傻人有傻福)
6. If God intended everybody to be the same, he’d given all braces on our legs. Don’t ever let anybody tell you they’re better than you.
7. I was just showing him a thing or two on the guitar.
(我只是弹两下给他看)
8. It must be hard being a king.
(王一定很不好当)
9. Jenny and I was like peas and carrots.(我和珍妮形影不离)
10. Miracles happen every day. (奇迹每天都在发生)
11. I could run like the wind blows.
(我跑起来像风一样快)
12. Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far, far, far away from here.
Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far, far, far away from here.
13. I don’t know why I love you. But I do.
14. You are no different than anybody else is.(你和别人没有任何的不同)
15. President: Congratulations. How do you feel?
Gump: I got to pee.
16. Have you given any thought to your future?(你有没有为将来打算过呢)
17. Excellent careers for excellent young men.
(美国陆军——有志青年的最好出路)
18. Drill Sergeant: Gump, what’s your sole purpose in this army?
Gump: To do whatever you tell me, Drill Sergeant!
Drill Sergeant: God damn it, you’re a goddamn genius! That’s the most outstanding answer I’ve ever heard. You must have a goddamn IQ of 160. You’re goddamn gifted, Private Gump. (这班长说话太经典了)
19. I fit in the army like one of them round pegs.
(我在军中如鱼得水)
20. If it wasn’t a fine enlisted man, I’d recommended you for O.C.S, Private Gump. You’re going to be a general someday! Now disassemble your weapon and continue!
21. Give her a big hand. (鼓励她)
22. How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?
Yes, and how many times must the cannon balls fly before they’re forever banned?
23. You just stay away from me please.(求你离开我)
24. If you are ever in trouble, don’t try to be brave, just run, just run away.
(你若遇上麻烦,不要逞强,你就跑,远远跑开)
25. Dan: what’s wrong with your lips?
(你嘴唇怎么了?)
Bubba: I was born with big gums, sir!
(长官,我天生厚嘴唇)
Dan: well, you better tuck that in! Gonna get that caught on a trip wire.
(那你最好把那缩回去,免得触动地雷)
26. There’s one item of G.I.gear that can be the difference between life and death.
(大兵之间只有一种区别,就是活大兵与死大兵之别)
27. Lieutenant Dan was always getting these funny feelings about a rock or a trail or the road, so he’d tell us to get down, shut up!
28. Little bitty stinging rain, and big old fat rain, rain that flew in side every ways
(牛毛细雨,瓢泼大雨,横扫的暴雨)
29. Split everything right down the middle.
(一切都平分)
30. I gotta find Bubba! (阿甘太仗义了)
31. I want to go home (我想回家)Bubba的遗言
32. It made me look like a duck in water.(它让我如鱼得水)
33. We all have a destiny. Nothing just happens,it’s all part of a plan.
(我们都有各自的命运。没有事情随随便便发生,都是计划的一部分)
34. America owes you a debt of gratitude, son.
(孩子,美国对你感激不尽)
35. That’s so right on, man! You said it all.
(说的太对了,你一语中的!)
36. I would never hurt you, Jenny!
37. Jenny: why are you so good to me?
Gump: you’re my girl! (个人觉得这是最感人的一句)
Jenny: I’ll always be your girl.
38. That’s one small step for a man, a giant leap for mankind.
(那只是我的一小步,却是人类的一大步)
39. 阿甘从中国回来,参加一个电视访谈,以下的对话能从一个侧面反映出当时甚至也是现在很多美国人对于中国的认识
Gump: in the land of China…people hardly got nothing at all.