随着脱口秀搬上银幕,谐音梗被带火了。
比如,一些脱口秀演员为了写出“新梗”,差点得了“心梗”等等。
那么,英语里有谐音梗吗?
答案是肯定的。英语母语者也喜欢用谐音和双关(pun)开玩笑,这些梗大概率比较冷,有点像爸爸们喜欢开的玩笑,他们称这种冷笑话为dad jokes。
A dad joke is a short joke, typically a pun, presented as a one-liner or a question and answer, but not a narrative. Generally inoffensive, dad jokes are stereotypically told by fathers among family, either with sincere humorous intent, or to intentionally provoke a negative reaction to its overly-simplistic humor.
“dad joke”是种短笑话,通常是双关语,以一句话或问答的形式出现,但不是在讲一个故事。一般来说,“爸爸笑话”是没有恶意的,一般认为是爸爸和家人们讲的。要么是在真在开玩笑,要么就是故意地制造“冷感”。
比如说美剧《摩登家庭》里的爸爸菲尔(Phil),就经常用谐音梗讲一些冷段子,他跟家人们讲的段子,真的是名副其实的“dad joke”了。
今天给大家准备了一些谐音梗式冷笑话(dad jokes)。
01 What do you call a deer with no eye?
(没有眼睛的鹿 是什么鹿)
No eye deer (No idea).
叫 无眼鹿(不知道)
02 What did a late tomato say to other tomatoes?
(一个迟到的番茄会对其他的番茄说什么)
I will ketchup (catch up).
(我能赶上)
(ketchup 蕃茄酱)
03 —I only know 25 letters of the alphabet.
—why?
—26个字母我只认识25个
—为什么?
—I don’t know Y (why)
—我不认识Y(我不知道为什么)
(Y与why同音)
04 What do you call a bee from America?
(来自美国的蜜蜂叫什么)
A USB (US bee).
05 How do we count cows?
(牛用什么来数)
With a Cowculator (calculator).
(用“数牛器”)
(calculator 计算器)
06 Which is faster, hot or cold?
(冷和热,哪个更快)
Hot. Because you can catch a cold.(热更快,因为你能追上冷/会感冒 catch a cold)
07 Why is “dark” is spelled with a “k” not a “c”?
(为什么dark不能写成 “darc”)
Because you can’t c (see) in the dark.(因为你在黑暗里看不见啊)
08 Why shouldn’t we give Elsa a balloon?
(为什么不能给艾莎气球)
Because she will Let It Go.
(因为她会把气球放了)
(“Let It Go”: 电影Frozen的主题曲)
09 What did my dog say when I asked him the answer for two minus two?
(当我问我家的狗2减2等于多少,他说了什么)
He said nothing.(他什么也没说 / 他说什么也没有)
10 Who is closer to you, your mom or your dad?
谁和你更亲近?妈妈还是爸爸?
Mom is close, because dad is farther.妈妈更近,因为爸爸更远。(Father与Farther谐音)
你猜对了几个呢?拿去考考你的小伙伴吧。